Precast Detailing and Modelling for Sandwich Panels
3D Modelling of Concrete, Rebar, Fixing and Embeds, Brick in Tekla, Shop Drawings (Unit Drawing, RC Drawing, MEP Details, Brick Details)
• A 7-storey commercial and residential building in Belgium.
• Level 1 is consisted of shops and restaurants.
• Above levels are residential flats. With prefabricated balconies.
• 50,000 tonn precast concrete.
• 6,50,000 Bricks.
• Client requirement was to match with shop drawings presentation with their current software output. Client was considering time required as his previous software. But it was not.
• There is around 1000+ bricks in one wall unit. It was time taking process.
• There were lot of cuts, components in one unit. Due to this it was taking too much time for opening drawings and saving model or sharing model.
• Brick arrangement IFC provided by architect was too heavy.
SOLUTION PROVIDED BY PGT:
• We have deputed one resource to client office in Belgium. To understand their standards and requirement. Which help us to plan the schedule with mutual discussion with client.
• It was client’s first project on Tekla. We have created one component for placing bricks. Which was reducing our half of the effort involve in this process.
• Decided to use minimum cuts by avoiding line and polygon cut. Wherever possible we used part cut.
• Requested architect to provide brick arrangement IFC in parts.